Headache Treatment with Essential Oils
While some people suffer from frequent migraines, almost all people at least get the occasional headache. Popping a pill with side effects isn’t the only option. We can have safe, natural, God given relief. We can find headache treatment with essential oils.
Though essential oils can treat headaches, we also need to be cognizant of other factors. Are you drinking water? Have you enough sleep? Have you eaten anything which would lead to a headache, like something containing MSG, or sugar?
Essential Oils for Headache Treatment
- Past Tense Blend (Wintergreen, Lavender, Peppermint, Frankincense, Cilantro, Marjoram, Chamomile, Basil, Rosemary)
How to Use Essential Oils for Headaches
- apply Past Tense to back of neck and temples
- rub 1-2 drops on temples
- mix 4-5 drops with 5 tsp of a carrier oil, and massage into shoulders and back of neck
- use a drop in cold compress
- use 4-6 drops of lavender or peppermint with water in an aromatherapy diffuser
- add 2-3 drops of peppermint or eucalyptus in bowl of steaming water, cover head with towel over bowl, and inhale deeply for 10 minutes
- take a bath with 5-10 drops
- add a drop of rosemary to smoothie or cup of soup
- add a drop to a spoon of honey
Lavender/Rosemary Rub – Mix 2 drops of Lavender Essential Oil, with 2 drops of Rosemary Essential Oil, and a teaspoon of fractionated coconut oil. Rub onto temples, forehead, and back of neck.
It is important to use a trusted brand of essential oils. This is why we use Doterra, as there are no fillers nor additives to their oils.
With that, never ingest any essential oils without the proper research and training. Also, certain oils may need to be diluted for children and pregnant women. If in doubt, ask us, or verify elsewhere.